( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m actually more surprised Harrington isn’t there. That category is barren and we’ve seen the Globes sometimes throw random name-check nods for previous nominees who haven’t shown up anywhere else in the past in those categories (even bringing back Ricci from the dead this year). He also was a big part of the initial increase in press attention the show received and honestly, I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say he was the male face of the show in that regard.

I did analyze the nominees for the last two years and I did find, that in my opinion, the only name check of last year was maybe All the Light We Cannot See because of the producers and that´s it. All the other nominees were very well deserved. Interesting point about Ricci, since I think she is the best thing of Yellowjackets, a scene stealer, indeed.

About 2023, I think the only name check nominee was Pryce. I think the reason of that was the big number of supporting nominees that year. Pryce was fine in season five of The Crown but with very limited screen time. I think he was much better on the last season of the same show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 226 post (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.