Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 605 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 years, 9 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Gucci
rue
    Topics:

The more I think about it, the more confident I am that Jhené is last. I’m now leaning towards my order being:

1. Folklore
    2. Djesse Vol. 3
    3. Future Nostalgia
    4. Everyday Life
    5. Black Pumas
    6. Hollywood’s Bleeding
    7. Women in Music Pt. III
    8. Chilombo

She’ll definitely get more votes than Black Pumas and HAIM let’s be real for a moment.

Topics:

Honey, Jhené Aiko is definitely in last place.

Topics:

The more I think about it, the more confident I am that Jhené is last. I’m now leaning towards my order being:

Agreed. There’s always been a bias against R&B albums in the GF, even the ones with full genre support (Lemonade, Cuz I Love You) and I just can’t see Jhene winning when she lost her Soul Train nom to Summer and will likely lose her PR&B album nom to Chloe x Halle

FYC

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Savage Remix
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Topics:

I agree … whoever takes BPVA is taking AOTY.

I’m still uncertain. I think if Dua loses BPVA then she can’t win AOTY but Taylor could narrowly lose BPVA but get enough vote from the alt/rock/country voters to win AOTY. This is definitely unlikely though.

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Topics:

yeah I’m sure the nba players will cast a couple votes.

ate his ass up honey

Topics:

Guys, remember how EVERYONE predicted After Hours and now look.

Now EVERYONE predicts Folklore and it’s going to follow the same fate.

I’m sorry but it’s too obvious, it can’t be.

Topics:

Winners are usually more predictable than nominees.

Topics:

everyone thought it would be folklore vs after hours at first then only folklore got in and then she released the long pond sessions, its safe to assume almost every grammy voter (who arent pop voters) who have Disney+ voted for folklore now.  she explained each song in a songwriter analysis there which she did too with 1989.

and with evermore she got more alt/rock/country voters now and voters who are biased to bon iver and the national jump to her now if they haven’t yet before evermore.

the only thing that isnt in taylors favor is her two album of the years but i think the grammys is ready to give her third one probably her last one but from what we saw they just give it to whomever they like per year and a lot of critics in year end have always put folklore over fn so

Topics:

I agree with thirdgrammyaoty, being x2 winner is the main argument that could make the Grammys award someone else. I don’t see it happening, but it is been some decades since the last x3 AOTY winner. We have reached the end of the voting season and most of us have the same conclusions.

Topics:

I agree with thirdgrammyaoty, being x2 winner is the main argument that could make the Grammys award someone else. I don’t see it happening, but it is been some decades since the last x3 AOTY winner. We have reached the end of the voting season and most of us have the same conclusions.

the last was stevie wonder around late 1970s i think. everyone including the general public and critics really likes folklore so that being her 3rd grammy aoty might not really matter

she has rallied up most of all and some voters from each genre behind her back in AOTY, if they really like it they’ll give it to her with no care about anyones opinion about it period.

it’s not like once they count the votes they’ll be like “oh no folklore won but she already have two aoty let’s give it to the 2nd one with most votes” i really doubt they’ll pull some strings behind her back esp since shes taylor swift

and it’s really easy to predict folklore since that album’s support doesnt rely on one genre voters

Topics:

ROM and un dia wont split. ROM will take dance vote and un dia will take … nothing

Topics:

just saw that they mentioned 3 folklore songs in jack antonoff grammy’s producer of the year nomination. august, mirrorball and this is me trying. the most for any album/artist in this years nomination.

everyday i open this blog and i become more hopeful of her taking her 3rd aoty lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 605 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions: Album of the Year (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.