Home Forums Movies 2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 491 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year, 9 months ago
replies
views
users
federico ruba..
OscarForLily
Bonehead
    Topics:

I do want to caution that BAFTA was always going to be the most unfriendly territory for RRR. They don’t really like films that remind them of their colonial atrocities.

Not even making a single tech category is not a good look though. And it already tanked in the shortlists, only getting Song. I’m not saying it’s totally dead but it’s looking more unlikely by the day. And we already know the Academy is lazy when it comes to watching foreign language movies that weren’t submitted for consideration by their country.

Topics:

Not even making a single tech category is not a good look though. And it already tanked in the shortlists, only getting Song. I’m not saying it’s totally dead but it’s looking more unlikely by the day. And we already know the Academy is lazy when it comes to watching foreign language movies that weren’t submitted for consideration by their country.

Oh I agree, but I feel like if RRR gets PGA, It’s getting that Oscar nod. I think we might see two foreign language films in the Oscar 10 this year because All Quite is definitely in. They are both ahead of Babylon and now even Women Talking for me.

Topics:

I’m just glad that BAFTA had enough sense to exclude Avatar 2 from categories it didn’t deserve to be in

Today shows that it might not be the guaranteed BP nominee many think it is.

Not sure why everybody was convinced it was a slamdunk, shoe-in just because it made NBR, AFI, and HFPA all in a row before the movie even released.

Oscar predicting is best when everyone tries to be really chill about it

Topics:

Also, I think we can finally put the RRR delusions to end now.

I am actually surprised that RRR did so well at the Baftas. Seeing that it is possibly the most anti-British oscar contendor since Braveheart.

Topics:

I think Baz will miss DGA but make it in at Oscar.

Topics:

I am actually surprised that RRR did so well at the Baftas. Seeing that it is possibly the most anti-British oscar contendor since Braveheart.

It was only longlisted for Non-English Film tho…

Topics:

It was only longlisted for Non-English Film tho…

I honestly was not even expecting that.

Topics:

I took RRR out of best picture. I just don’t see it happening now. Maybe my mind will change again.

Topics:

RRR at most is getting a BOS nom, its BP dreams sinked today when All Quiet confirmed its place as the foreign leading contender

Topics:

Lmao I think you spend more time ragging on this movie than promoting your favorite film. Either way, the response over there was very mediocre compared to the blow up in the states. Also there’s something called “screeners” and the late release in the UK did it no favors.

Well, EEAAO doesn’t need any more stans promoting it

And I will never cease expressing my disdain of Avatar and Avengers movies for the impact I’ve seen them have on movies and movie theaters over the past decade+

People like their McDonalds. I get it. I just have a problem when people start calling it fine dining. IMO, that’s what’s been happening with films like Avatar 2 and Top Gun 2 this year. So naturally, I rag on them hard.

Oscar predicting is best when everyone tries to be really chill about it

Topics:

We should get ready for a Baz Luhrman nod in Directing

EGOT & Triple Crown of Acting winner, VIOLA DAVIS
    2-time Oscar winner, EMMA STONE
    Emmy & Tony winner, JODIE COMER
    Emmy & Olivier winner, SARAH SNOOK
    Berlinale winner & Emmy nominee, SEBASTIAN STAN

Topics:

Irrelevant but just watched The Menu and noticed how “The Menu”, “Triangle of Sadness”, and “Glass Onion” all share some similar themes/patterns and all three are brilliantly made. Love it!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 491 total)

The topic ‘2023 Oscars: Best Picture and Director (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.