Be a pro the journey begins part 2

by Lentendo3

Original Post

Be a pro the journey begins part 2

★★★ Newbie

I completed my first season and won the stanley cup. I'm now about 20-30 games into my second season and "The Journey begins Pt.2" still hasn't started.

Is there a prerequisite I'm not aware of? I have been looking forward to the close quarters ability.

Is there a bug? If so, is there a way to fix it?

I REALLY don't want to have to start over. the grind to 99 is long enough and I'm almost 90.

Appreciate any help thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (3,219 Views)

Re: Be a pro the journey begins part 2

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lentendo3 

Thanks for reporting this. I've seen it reported before as well. Are you playing as a goalie by chance? Also, what system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m a sniper right wing and I’m on ps5

Message 3 of 6 (3,170 Views)

Community Manager

@Lentendo3 

Would you be able to get a video or screenshot showing the issue?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I too have had this problem across multiple builds. Sniper and 3 different defenseman builds. I still haven't seen any clarification on if there is anything you have to do before it triggers the part 2 (aside from completing part 1).

Additionally, curious if part of the issue could be a complex failure to register completion properly. For example, I personally simmed most of the games to complete my objectives on defenseman journey begins part 1. It registered I completed and gave me stick em up, but could the simming be a factor?

Lastly, can EA not go in and manually trigger it or something? I've spent hours redoing builds to try to get it to work on multiple defenseman and a couple snipers, no luck. Or maybe change the quest itself so we can get access to these KEY abilities.

PS..... What would we screenshot or video to show you....? There's nothing to show except 1 is complete and to is still inactive....?

Message 5 of 6 (3,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same system, Same position, same problem but i didn't sim. So i dont believe thats the problem. But im in like my 4th season and still hasnt triggered Frown

Message 6 of 6 (70 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help